Developing inbound links for your website can be a very difficult, time consuming task. With an eye to making link building easier, here are a few tools I use regularly.
- Yahoo Site Explorer-just add your top competitor’s url, and presto, you can see all their inbound links. Can you think of a better list of websites to approach for a one way link?
- SEO Quake– this handy plugin for Mozilla Firefox will give you a wealth of information about your competitors, and all at the click of a link. Be warned, however, only enable it when you are actively researching, as most of the search engines frown on automated queries, and will lock you out for 24 hours.
- Internet Business Promoter-This handy piece of stand alone software allows you to systematically analyze your website against the competition and see what they are doing to get their #1 ranking, and what you need to change to compete with them. They also guarantee a top ten ranking in google or your money back.
- Backlink Watch-This website will analyze your site’s back links and give you a link profile, which you can then compare vs. your top competitor.
- Compete.com – This website will allow you to compare your site with your competitors, and gives you a rough estimate of how you do competing against them.
So go out there and get some more links!!